Facebook

Share

Friday, February 16, 2007

Bitter Partisanship
The End of Elizabeth Dole

I’ve just finished my lunch, and while I ate, I read an article in the New Republic about Elizabeth Dole.

Following her stint as chairperson of the National Republican Senatorial Committee (where it was theortically her job to keep the U.S. Senate in the same grubby little hands), it seems that Ms. Dole’s Republican Brethren are none too happy with her. According to the article by Michelle Cottle , the party's leaders blame the loss of the Senate on her (lack of) leadership in the recent electoral fight.

HA!

Ha, ha, ha.

HA!

I think I’m supposed to feel just a little sorry for Dole, as she sits, presiding over a defeat, and watching Hillary Clinton usurp Dole's minor little place in history as the first SERIOUS female contender for the Presidency.

And it’s not like I have anything against Elizabeth Dole, but I don’t have anything particularly positive either…it’s nice that she invented those little red lights in your back window that go off when you step on the breaks…but, other than that, I just can’t find it in my heart to feel anything but glee…watching Republican’s eviscerate each other over the loss of the election…

…like there was anything they could have done about it! More money, more strategy, more …what? More Wars? Nothing was going to help in 2006.

The American people have finally had enough of the DOP (that would be: Dammed Old Party) and it’s costly, deadly brand of malarkey…and no amount of political smoke and mirrors by a former Transportation Secretary was going to change that one jot.

So...Good Riddance to Dole, and the Party she rode in on.

source:

http://www.tnr.com/docprint.mhtml?i=20070219&s=cottle021907

No comments: