Facebook

Share

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Mister, You Really Need to Work On Your Closing Technique

I just opened up My Yahoo and read the headline that Peter Boyle passed away. Coincidently, just before going to be last night, I watched the first half of "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose", the X-Files episode for which he won the Emmy.

I've always loved this bittersweet little story of a man who, because he possesses the physic ability to foresee the death of other people is unable to relate to his fellow man or find happiness. It's a strange story, but in an odd way, uplifting. I don't think any other actor would have been able to pull it off. (Great Review Here:http://www.munchkyn.com/xf-rvws/bruckman.html)

It'll be a little sadder to watch the rest of the episode tonight. Thanks for all the laughs, Mr. Boyle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I heard the news, the first thing I thought was HOLY CRAP! He will be missed.