Facebook

Share

Friday, March 30, 2007

"Take My Water And My Glass...They've got Me Totally Paranoid"
Lurita Doan feels the heat.

Well, the story still isn't on the front page, or even in it's own article, but at least the Washington Post gives this terrific nugget inside a different column:

The House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform grilled General Services Administration chief Lurita Doan on Wednesday over allegations that she tried to give a no-bid job to a business associate, intervened in a contract
dispute with a technology company, and had a White House official brief top political appointees at the agency on targeting Democrats and helping Republicans in 2008. All that in just 10 months running the agency.

...Doan, apparently not realizing her microphone was still on, turned to an aide and said: "Take my water, and my glass. I don't want them to track my fingerprints. They've got me totally paranoid."


Someone should explain to the administrator that, when you've done something illegal, it is not called paranoia...it is called guilt.

Hear the audio for yourself here. (You'll have to sit through a preroll ad, but it's worth it.)

No comments: