Facebook

Share

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Impeachment is Back

BillImpeachment is Back…

I don’t have a lot of time to dwell on this, but I didn’t want the sun to go down tonight without mentioning that the impeachment issue is back on the table.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to have Bush found guilty of High Crimes and Misdemeanors and removed from Office. I’ve posted about this before. I've also posted about events that I believe will lead us down that happy road.

It’s just that I don’t trust the VERMONT IMPEACHMENT CROWD to get it right.

Passions run so high among the Vermont Netroots, and pragmatism (common sense) is so absent that I fully expect that part of the netroots howling for “impeachment” will shoot itself, and the rest of the center-left coalition, right in the foot.

Sam Hemmingway of the Burlington Free Press posted a piece on the Freeps Blog yesterday about the impeachment movement, detailing the efforts the pro-impeachment wing of the Netroots to cast this all as some huge conspiracy to….to what? Who knows, it’s all a conspiracy, I guess. Everything is, ever since the grassy knoll and Roswell and…and….and the LINCOLN conspiracy, I guess.

Here’s the excerpt from Hemingway’s piece:

[following attempts to set up a meeting between Welch and the Impeachment Posse] impeachment leader James Leas wrote in a widely distributed e-mail Tuesday that … the group had caught Welch in a conspiracy to stick it to the impeachers. And only the righteous efforts of people like Leas kept Welch from getting away with it.


Good God. Peter Welch and Grover Norquist…in bed together...absolutely-- WHY DIDN'T I SEE IT BEFORE? It is so obvious that they MUST be on the same team. Damn it, next time, let's vote for Rainville. (This is heavy sarcasm, just in case you missed it.)

Who IS on the side of these righteous people? Nobody, of course…the entire center-left marching band is out of step but them. They are like the left-wing equivalent of Pentecostal snake handlers and you know what….they are going to make sure that the Democrats are eating their own before this is all said and done.

And Bush will steal another victory, one more time…. After all, I came across this article from 1998. It seems that Bill Clinton’s poll numbers actually ROSE after Republican’s voted to impeach him.

I kind of wish the impeachment crowd would ponder the implications of that fact…but somehow, I doubt they will.

No comments: