Facebook

Share

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Dinner Near Norm, Pancakes With Al:
Pass the Syrup Please!

Well, I've been sitting on the English sidelines for the last year- watching American politics from afar, but Minnesota sure has been doing her best to make up for it these last few days.

About two weeks ago, Bobbi and I went out to dinner with my sister-in-law and my "brother-in-law" (he isn't yet, but this is a subtle campaign) to the St. Paul Hotel for a very good, and very expensive, dinner.

Well, we look over at the next table, and who should be enjoying a post-senate debate meal, but Norm Coleman- the GOP incumbent - fresh from fighting for his political life against Al Franken. If you click on the photo below, Norm is just visible in the background.


A few days later, as I've already described, I get to have breakfast at a campaign rally with Al Franken....

I have to admit, the steak is good at the St. Paul Hotel, but in this case, I MUCH preferred the pancakes.

No comments: